CALL FOR A RIDE
The mission of Southwest Rides is to provide affordable, safe, reliable and accessible transportation that promotes independence and improved health outcomes for people with disabilities, the aging and veterans in our service area.
Southwest Rides is a performance-driven, transparent and accountable non-profit transportation program of Southwest Center for Independence that values its consumers, resources and community partners, and meets new challenges through leadership, innovation and teamwork.
Current Services Include:
- Medicaid Non-emergent Medical Transportation services. Call us to check your eligibility.
- Free trips to the Durango Food Bank on Thursdays.
- Free Trips to monthly commodities distribution at the La Plata County fairgrounds.
Future services will include:
- Services to support non-Medicaid recipients to access medical appointments, discharges from the hospital, rehabilitation centers and nursing homes
- Support to access essential services and community resources
- Support to access Southwest Center educational opportunities, events and community forums
All rides need to be scheduled at least 5 business days in advance.
For more information about Southwest Rides or to schedule a ride please call us Monday through Friday 8am – 5pm at 970.946.0232
Colorado Public Utilities Commission # MCT-0111
Southwest Rides is generously funded through community donations, the LPEA Round-up Foundation, The Colorado Health Foundation and through State and Federal funds.
We currently serve La Plata county only, with future plans to expand to the 5 counties of SW Colorado.